Monday, March 17, 2008

Sid Gary

I've uploaded an audio file that's the impetus for starting this project. I don't see an easy way to upload audio, only video, so I've managed to upload it using my profile. If you click on the "view my complete profile" link on the left, you'll see the audio file.

This is an old vaudeville comedian named Sid Gary telling a story about his time as George Burns' partner. It's from an hour-long tribute to Burns that ran in 1964 on Monitor Radio. Monitor was NBC's weekend radio service at the time. Gene Rayburn is the host. If you want the entire hour, you can download it for free at http://www.monitorbeacon.net

Some of you might find it a tad sexist or a tad making fun of animal cruelty. That's fine. It's still one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

Or ... if this works, click here: http://www.box.net/shared/3arg5hp44w

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Chip. Thanks for putting this clip of Sid Gary up. I'm supposed to be studying for my real estate exam. I got distracted thinking about Bing Crosby and somehow happened to hear Mr. Crosby mention Sid Gary... And here I am. Isn't the internet fun.